This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you when you make a purchase. Find out more in the Disclosure Policy
One-Pan Oven Baked Chicken with Potatoes is an easy meal. Flavored with green and red bell peppers, they add a slightly sweet flavor to the meal. Include lemon for brightness and black olives for a little brine. Put that together with chicken broth and you have a great dish with tender potatoes and juicy chicken. All in one dish.
I love a one-dish meal. That means less clean-up after. I am all about that.
This simple chicken and potato dish uses fresh bell peppers, black olives, and lemon to add a light and healthy flavor to the same ole chicken and potatoes
This recipe only includes a few fresh ingredients:
- chicken breasts
- golden potatoes
- bell peppers
- lemon slices
- chicken broth
- extra virgin olive oil
- paprika, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Potatoes I used golden potatoes for this recipe. I just love their naturally creamy and buttery flavor. But, you can substitute russet potatoes if that is what you have on hand.
This is a simple dish with a big flavor.
Step 1 Preheat oven to 400F.
Step 2 Spray 2-quart baking dish liberally with cooking spray.
Step 3 Clean and cut chicken into 4 ounce equal portions. Set aside.
Step 4 Cut potatoes into equal-sized 1-2 inch pieces.
Step 5 Chop the bell peppers. Slice the red pepper into strips and chop the green pepper into 1-inch cubes.
Step 6 Slice black olives. Set aside.
Step 7 Mix salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
Step 8 Place potatoes in the bottom of the baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with spice mixture.
Step 9 Next layer chicken on top of potatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining spice mixture.
Step 10 Sprinkle peppers and black olives to the top. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
Step 11 Lastly, add chicken broth.
Step 12 Place the pan on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the chicken registers 165F and the potatoes are fork-tender.
How to Clean and Cut a Bell Pepper
Never cut a pepper? Here are a couple of simple tips.
- Wash and rinse the pepper. Take a sharp knife and cut around the pepper stim. Gently pull out the stim and the white core of the pepper. You will see a lot of seeds. Dump as many of the seeds as possible into the trash.
- Take a knife and slice down the side of the pepper and cut into 4 large portions. I use a bird-beak knife like this one.
- Use knife to clean any remaining seeds and white core from the inside of the pepper.
- Slice pepper into strips, rings, or cubes as needed.