This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you when you make a purchase. Find out more in the Disclosure Policy
Keeping high traffic floors clean is a challenge. Especially high traffic hardwood floors in your kitchen. Mopping daily is essential, but sometimes you need more than a quick mop. Check out the best electric mop for floors.
When I was small we lived in a flat that had a huge combined room for the kitchen and dining. I remember my mom using an upright floor polisher with 3 rotating heads to clean and polish the square stick-down vinyl flooring.
That polisher was a monster and hard to handle. It was a big job but would have been a lot harder without the polisher.
Fast forward to my own home and I was looking for a new mop for my floors. I found this Elicto Electric Mop and Polisher (#aff) on Amazon. The pictures reminded me of my mom's polisher and I knew I had to have it. I mentioned the mop to my husband and low and behold it was a gift under our tree this year.
The first thing I did this morning, the day after Christmas was to get out my new electric mop.
Included With my Mop
It came well packaged with everything I needed to get started. The mop included*:
- the electric mop base,
- the handle,
- soft microfiber washable pads,
- a funnel to fill the water reservoir,
- a measuring cup,
- 2 batteries for the handle to power the water sprayer, and
- the charging cord.
*Purchased in 2020. Supplies in current model may differ.
Assembling the Electric Mop
There are quick-start instructions. This helped me quickly assemble the mop. The mop went together quickly with just 3 parts to assemble. Simply insert and click until locked together. The mop can be easily adjusted to your height.
Next, you have to charge the battery.
When you are excited and can't wait to try the mop you have to be patient.
It takes 3 - 3 1/2 hours to charge. 3 hours seems like forever, but there is a panel that shows the charging progress. When I first connected the mop to charge, no lights were on. But give it some time and slowly the red light will come on and then as the time progresses to 3 hours each of the three blue bars will light until they 3 are continuously on.
The next step is to set up the water sprayer. There is a button on the handle that allows you to control when water is sprayed in front of the mop. The 2 AAA batteries are inserted into the handle. Then fill the measuring cup with water. See where to fill in the picture above. Insert the funnel into the top of the reservoir and add water until you see it is full in the window.
Using the Mop to Clean Your Floors
Now for the fun part.
The mop comes with one set of soft microfiber cleaning pads already attached to the cleaning head. Remove these pads and run underwater. Squeeze out excess water. Fold the pad in half and match the middle of the pad to the middle of the rotating plate. The pad should be centered on the rotating plate. It attaches like velcro. This is all detailed in the instructions.
Next, pop the handle toward you and use your toe to click on the grey button on the mop head. Then press the button on the handle and the heads will start to spin.
This mop is very easy to control and guide. It moves easily to the front and back and left and right. I suggest you keep a firm hand on the mop until you are accustomed to using it and how it moves. If you lift the mop head it can get a little wild so be prepared to turn it off if it gets off balance.
It operates very quietly.
The Elicto Mop (#ad) works just like I anticipated. The mop is easy to maneuver, quiet to operate and cleaned my hardwood floors very well.
I am totally pleased with this electric mop.
Purchasing an Electric Mop for Floors
- The battery initially takes 3 to 3 1/2 hours to charge. Plan ahead.
- Prepare your floors to be mopped. Make sure and vacuum floors to remove any small objects that could get under the spinning plates.
- The battery life is approximately 20 minutes. If you have a larger cleaning area you might benefit from a corded unit that will last as needed for the job.
- There are some reports of the sprayer not dispensing water. My mop is too new for me to comment on. Time will tell if there is an issue with the sprayer,
- While the mop does a good job of taking care of edges of the floor, you will probably need to clean corners by hand.
- The mop can quickly get off balance and become very wobbly if you lift it while it is on and spinning. Simply press the off button on the handle and turn it off. Restart the mop and it will again be easy to handle.
- You should read all safety instructions since you are operating the mop with water.
Other Electric Mops to Consider
The information in this post is solely based on my personal use and opinion of this product. Your experience may be different than mine based on your home and the use of the product. Please read the instruction manual before using the mop.