Juicy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Tender and juicy Slow Cooker Pot Roast with potatoes, and carrots is a simple recipe that will free up your time.
- 48 ounces chuck roast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt optional
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup broth
- 1 whole onion cut in wedges
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 4 whole carrots cut in 4 inch quaters
- 4 stalk celery cut in half
- 30 ounces potatoes small
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour see notes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Set slow cooker to low to pre heat.
Add pot roast to slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper,
Spread onion and peppers over and around roast. Pour broth around roast. Cover with lid.
Set the cooker to cook on low for 4 hours. Tip, if your slow cooker cooks fast, you may need to decrease this cooking time.
At 4 hours check roast for tenderness. Add potatoes, celery, and carrots. Cover and continue to cook for 1 hour.
Cook until meat is tender and vegetables are fork tender.
- If you have the time, you can sear the roast by seasoning with salt, pepper, and garlic salt and dredging with whole wheat pastry flour. Place in a hot frying pan and brown the roast on all sides prior to placing in the crock pot. This will make a thicker gravy.
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 267mg | Potassium: 896mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 4mg