Whole Wheat Chip Cookies
Whole wheat cookies with chips and pecans have a crispy outside, and a tender inside made with healthy ingredients.
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
Cream olive oil, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients.
Mix in oatmeal, chips, and nuts.
Spoon onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 8-9 minutes.
Cool on wire rack. Store in airtight container or freeze.
- The dough in this recipe will appear wet. No worries. The final baked cookie will have a crisp outside and a tender inside.
- Keep a close watch on these cookies. Whole wheat flour browns faster than all-purpose flour.
- Prefer to leave out the chips? Substitute chopped dried fruit such as apricots or golden raisins.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 65mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg